Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy (Belated!) Gluten-Free Thanksgiving!

Just writing a quick note to say Happy Thanksgiving.

My holiday was deliciously gluten-free despite being at a family party where I'm the only one who has those specific dietary needs. It helps that I brought my own pie, snacks, and made part of the meal.

Two best things about yesterday? My mom was in town and she made gluten-free gravy (I know, I know, it's not that hard! But I just can't seem to get it right...) and gluten-free cookies that actually tasted good!

I made this pie. It was good, but oh-so-sweet. And it's ridiculously easy to make. Mine did not look as good as Martha's, though.

We also had three turkeys (yes, my family with just 18 people for Thanksgiving, roasted three turkeys), homemade cranberry sauce, cornbread, baked yams, mashed potatoes, the aforementioned gluten-free gravy, and tapioca jello. It was like all the nostalgia of childhood wrapped up on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment